Brother printer is one of the most popular printer brands that offer quite cost-effective and highly featured functions to users. You can connect your brother printer to WPS as well as the USB connection. But if the brother printer is connected to WPS, you need a unique WPS pin for establishing the connection. Mainly, the proper Wi-Fi protected setup helps users to configure all the functionalities of printer without connecting it to a device.
There are several methods by which you can find the WPS pin for proper Brother printer wifi setup. In this article, we have mentioned the simple ways that can help you to find the WPS pin on Brother printer. So, go through this article and follow the steps to complete the task hassle-free.
Where to find the WPS pin on the Brother printer?
Once you know what WPS Pin is, the next question that arises is where is the WPS pin on my printer. In some printer models, you can check the WPS pin directly from the screen of your printer. If the printer has a screen, then it is very easy to locate the WPS pin.
How do I locate the WPS pin on my Brother printer?
There are few methods that you can follow to find out WPS Pin on your Brother Printer. Each method includes certain steps. Let’s check each of them in detail from the following section:
Method 1: For Touch Screen Printer Models
It is the most common and simple method that you can try to find WPS button. Before executing these steps, turn on your Brother printer by connecting it to the ability outlet. All you need to do is:
- First of all, click on the ‘Menu’ button and then tap Control Panel from the context menu.
- Then, click on the Arrow image after selecting the network then click Ok button.
- Tap the Same arrow button for locating the local area network and then Click OK.
- Choose the option indicating ‘WPS w/Pin’ code and then click the Ok button.
- An eight-digit pin code will appear on your printer’s display panel.
- And then your device will start searching for access purpose.
- Then visit the WPS settings using the pc connected to the network.
- And then enter the Pin that you have recently received.
- Follow all the on-screen instructions to complete this method.
Method 2: Use WPS Pin method
This method helps users to fix many common issues related to printer like Brother Printer offline error message. You just have to execute the following steps one-by-one:
- Firstly, connect the Brother printer to the power supply and turn it on.
- Click on the Menu button located on the ‘Control panel’ of your Brother printer.
- Use the ‘Arrow’ symbol to scroll down and select the Network and after that click on the Ok button.
- Now select the WLAN and click on the Ok button.
- Then, select the ‘WPS PIN’ code and click the OK button.
- The 8-digit code will appear on the screen and the printer will start searching for an access point in the next five minutes.
- Open any browser and type https://access and IP address in the search tab. Navigate to the WPS setting and put the PIN and follow the instructions appearing on the screen.
- You must note that the setting Page will be different for the different routers as it depends on the router brand you are using.
- Then choose the printer that you want to connect and enter 8 digit PIN followed by a click on next button. Now, you need to choose the network you want to connect and tap on next.
Once you are done with the above steps, close the Window and check the message that appears on the screen. If it shows connected, it means your device is automatically connected and now you can print documents wirelessly. But if it shows a connection failed message, then repeat the above-given steps.
These are some simple and easy methods that you can try to find brother printer WPS PIN. If you experience any problem while executing these steps, note the brand name of the router and connect the service desk. The technical support team will help you to fix your problems 24*7. They will guide you in all possible ways.