Isn’t it annoying that you could not print an important document just because your Brother Printer is not cooperating with you? The Brother Printer offline issue is a common issue faced by the Brother Printer users over a period of time and they have been looking for solutions to fix the same.
Read on to find out more on Brother Printer offline reasons and troubleshooting methods.
Why is my Brother Printer offline on Windows 10?
- You have not turned it on properly
- The power cables are connected loosely
- ‘Use printer offline’ mode is enabled
- No or poor internet connection
- Your printer is not connected to the same network as your PC
- Your Brother Printer is not set as the default printer
Fix Brother Printer keeps going offline
If your Brother Printer keeps going offline time and again, then you must check and disable the ‘Use Printer Offline’ mode:
- Locate the Brother Printer icon on your desktop
- If it is not there, find it in the ‘Devices and Printers’ section
- When you find your printer, right-click on it
- Select the ‘See what’s printing’ option
- Then, tap on the ‘Printer’ option from the list
- Locate the ‘Use Printer Offline’ option
- Remove the checkmark present against it
Resolve Brother Printer connected to WiFi but offline issue
If your Brother Printer is connected to Wi-Fi but still it is showing an offline status, then the possibility is that you have not connected it to the same network as your computer. Apart from this, the issue can also be caused due to incorrect printer configurations. Thus, you may use the method given above to get rid of this issue as quickly as possible. Also, make sure that your printer and computer are sharing the same Wi-Fi network.
How to Bring an Offline Brother Printer Online?
There are a few checks you can make in order to get your Brother Printer back online. Here is what you can do:
- Check if your printer is turned on properly
- Look for any errors and try to eliminate them
- Ensure that it is connected to your computer
- Check for loosely or improperly connected USB cable and fix it
- Set your Brother Printer as the default printer
- Try deleting all the Print jobs from the computer’s print queue
- Try updating the printer drivers
- Check if the printer status is offline or paused
- See if there are multiple copies of your printer. If yes, then remove the copies
Troubleshoot Brother Printer Offline Issue
Method 1- set up a secure electronic connection
If your printer is not electronically connected to the computer, then you must check for issues with the power source. Try plugging in all the cables securely and restart your printer.
Method 2- Set your Printer as default
- Open the ‘Control Panel’
- Select ‘Hardware and Sound’
- Click ‘Devices and Printers’
- Right-click on your printer model
- Select ‘Set as default printer’
Method 3- Delete all the print jobs
- Locate the entry of your printer
- Right-click on it
- Select ‘See what’s printing’
- Choose the ‘Printer’ option
- Then, select ‘Cancel all documents’
Method 4- Check the printer status
- Find your printer in the ‘Devices and Printers’ section
- Right-click on your Brother Printer
- Select the ‘See what’s printing’ option
- Then, select your printer from the list
- De-select the box next to ‘Use Printer Offline’
- If you could not select ‘Use Printer offline’ or it is greyed out, then select ‘Open As Administrator’
- Enter the Admin password correctly
- And, click on the ‘Yes’ option
Method 5- Install the latest printer drivers
If your device is running on outdated printer drivers, then also you will come across the Brother Printer offline issue. Go to the official website of Brother Printer and install the latest updates for your printer driver.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why does it say my Brother Printer is an offline Mac?
There must be a possible paper jamming issue because of which your Brother Printer is showing offline on your Mac. Else, you have not connected the USB cable to the printer properly which is making your Brother printer go offline again and again.
How do I reconnect my Brother printer to WiFi?
- Turn on your Brother machine and press the ‘Menu’ button on the Control Panel.
- Use the ‘Up’ and ‘Down’ keys and select ‘network’ and press ‘OK’.
- With the same keys, select ‘WLAN’ and press ‘OK’.
- Again, using the same keys, select ‘Setup Wizard’ and press ‘OK’.
- Select ‘Yes’ for the ‘WLAN enable?’ option.
- Choose your network from the displayed network SSIDs.
- Enter the password for the same network and press ‘Ok’.
- Apply your settings and by tapping on the ‘OK’ and ‘Yes’ option.
How do you reset a Brother printer?
- Press the ‘Menu’ option on the printers’ Control Panel.
- Press the or keys and you will see the ‘Initial Setup’ option.
- When you see it, press OK and then use the same keys to select the ‘Reset’ option.
- Once again, press the ‘OK’ button.
- Again, use the Up and Down keys to choose the type of reset and press OK.
- Follow some on-screen prompts to complete the reset.
Despite trying all the methods, if your Brother Printer still shows offline, then you should check if there are multiple copies of Brother Printer installed on your device. If yes, then try removing all those copies and make sure your printer is set as the default printer.
List of Brother Printer Series and Models, We help-
|Brother MFC-l2700dw||Brother MFC-l2700dw||Brother HL-2270DW||Brother hl-l2380dw||Brother MFC-j430w|
|Brother hl-3170cdw||Brother MFC-j470dw||Brother MFC-l2740dw||Brother MFC-j475dw||Brother MFC-7860dw|
|Brother hl-l2380dw||Brother MFC-j870dw||Brother hl-2280dw||Brother MFC l2740dw||Brother mfc 9340cdw|
|Brother hl 3170cdw||Brother MFC j450dw||Brother MFC 9130cw||Brother MFC j4510dw||Brother MFC-J497DW|