It is important to have proper wireless setup of your printer to access all its functionalities. Doing it in the desired manner ensures that you can print the documents whenever you feel the need for it. Though it is quite easy to connect Brother HL 2270dw printer to wifi, but you need to follow certain steps for same. Go through this article to understand all the required steps to connect Brother HL-2270DW printer to wifi.
Pre-requisites for Connecting Brother Printer to WiFi
Before connecting your brother printer to wifi, it is important to be familiar with the settings and important information related to WPS network. Proper configuration of the printer prevents your printer from various issues like Brother printer offline issue, etc. Mainly you need the network name and network key details for establishing connection of your printer.
Various Methods to Connect Brother Printer to WiFi
You can apply any of the following methods to connect your printer to any device:
Method 1: Use WLAN to Connect Brother Printer to Wifi
It is very easy to connect Brother Printer to WiFi using a WLAN network. All you need to do is perform the following steps to complete the process:
- Firstly, check the side or base of the access point or wireless router to find network name and password key.
- Now, locate the power cord and connect the Brother printer machine to power source to turn it on.
- Navigate to control panel of the computer and click the menu button.
- Next, scroll down and choose WLAN in the network, and press OK.
- A list of networks available within the range of your machine will appear on the screen. Choose your preferred network from the list and click OK.
- Next, you need to perform an action, depending on whether you choose an open system authentication method or a network key as the authentication method.
Once you are done with the above steps, follow on-screen instructions to complete the process. If the machine connects successfully to the selected wireless network, it will display a message indicating the same. If any issue occurs, you will get an error message indicating, “brother printer hl-2270dw won’t connect to wifi“.
Method 2: Use Printer Drivers to Connect Brother Printer to Wifi
You can also use updated printer drivers to connect your printer to WiFi. For that, follow the below-mentioned steps carefully:
- Before applying this method, make sure you are accessing system with administrator privileges. Close all the programs that are currently running in the system background before installing driver.
- Also, disable the third-party antivirus program till the software setup process is successfully completed and enable it only after installation.
- Now, insert the CD that you have received with your Brother Printer instruction documents into CD player.
- Next, select the nearby Brother printer that you want to connect with the network.
- A window with the various installation processes will appear on your screen. After selecting the relevant one, click on the Next button.
- Now, choose the WiFi connection to which you want to connect your Brother Printer and then select Next.
- After completing the above-mentioned setup process, your brother printer will be successfully connected to the preferred network.
Hope, the above methods help you to connect Brother HL 2270DW Printer to Wi-fi, but if you face any problems with any model of Brother Printer, contact the technical team. You just have to share your query with them, they will guide you in all possible ways. The technical team is available 24*7 to resolve all your problems related to your printer.