Is your Printer Stopped Working after updating Windows OS to Windows 10? If yes, then don’t panic. There are many users who have complained about the same problem. You may face such issues even when your printer is well-connected to the computer system. Here, in this article, we have mentioned quick methods to easily bring your printer again in a working state.
Why I Can’t Print after Windows 10 Update in 2021?
Whenever your Brother, Canon, Epson, and HP printer is offline, stopped functioning and prints nothing, try to find exact cause of such issue. Given below are some common reasons for such issues in your system:
- Dust particles are present in the USB port.
- Incompatible or outdated printer driver software.
- Poor Wi-Fi network connectivity.
- Improper connection between your printer and computer
How to Fix HP, Canon, Epson, and Brother Printer Not Detected Issue?
We have compiled simple and effective methods that you can try to fix your printer not working after Windows 10 update issue. You just have to go through the instructive guidelines given below one by one:
Solution 1: Remove Dust from Printer’s USB Port
As explained, there might be some dust particles inside the USB port of your printer and this causes issues while using it. Make sure your cable is cleaned and has stable printer connection. For this, check your USB port for dust and dirt. If there is any visible dust particle, clean them with a dry cotton cloth. After that, reconnect your devices and check whether your computer detects the printer.
Solution 2: Make Sure Your Computer Has Compatible Driver Software
There might be outdated or corrupted software or printer-related drivers present on your Windows System. Such drivers are main cause of Windows update printer issues. Follow the steps given below to ensure that driver needs to update:
- Press Windows + I keys to open the “Settings” window on your computer.
- Select “Update & Security” from the options that appeared on screen.
- And then, click the “Check for Updates” option.
If any update is available, click on the “Update” button to install them in your system. Moreover, you can download all the relevant drivers from the manufacturer’s official site.
Solution 3: Check Your Printer’s Connection
Sometimes, HP Printer won’t Connect to Computer issue can occur due to improper insertion of new printer’s wire into both ends. Therefore, whenever your printer is showing any error while establishing the connection, check the cable for any discrepancies. Also, tighten the wires if you they seem to be loose. This will definitely resolve the connectivity issues and hence your printer will start working properly.
Solution 4: Reset the Printer and Reinstall the Driver
Disabled printer spooler service can also cause issues with your printers. In such cases, you can fix the issue by resetting your printer and reinstalling your Driver. All you have to do is:
Steps for Restoring Your Printer to Its Factory Settings
- Click on the “Set-up” menu from your printer’s screen.
- Navigate to the “Tools” tab.
- Select the “Restore Factory Defaults” option.
Steps for Reinstalling HP Software
- Firstly, remove the printer from your computer.
- Next, click on the “Programs & Features” menu on your Windows Desktop.
- Select your HP printer’s model name and then press “Uninstall.”
- Restart your system and turn on your printer.
- At last, download and install the latest driver from the official site of the manufacturing company of your printer.
If you need more support and assistance with your HP Printer, feel free to contact our technical team. Our top-notch HP Printer Support team is available 24*7 to solve all your issues at affordable cost. We guarantee you to provide the best services and cater to all your needs in a very short time period.