For proactive printing, it is very essential that your HP printer works just completely fine. However, sometimes, it may undergo some technical or external issues causing your printer to go offline. And, an offline printer means you cannot go ahead with your printing task. Well, if that is the case with your HP printer, there is no need to worry about it because we have got solutions to all your worries. With helpful articles and personalized assistance, we try to fix a wide array of printing issues with your HP Printer that you might be facing lately.
What does it mean when an HP printer is offline?
If you ever find out that your HP printer is in an offline state, it simply means that it is having trouble while communicating with your PC. This simply happens because of connection issues that arise due to several factors. Sometimes, the cord connecting the PC to the HP Printer is loose, or the wireless printer is not able to connect to the same network as your PC, and many others. Apart from this, your printer might have been se to work offline and in that case, your printer might not respond to your commands when you are online. Whatever be the cause of the problem, we’re always there to help you in your tough times.
Why is my HP Printer offline Windows 10?
There could be multiple reasons why you are having HP Printer offline issues on a Windows 10 PC. The following are the main causes why your printer keeps on going in an offline mode:
- There could be an issue with the power or cabling
- Possible network issues are yet another cause of printer offline problem
- Whereas, if there is an issue related to the HP Printer driver, then also you will face this issue
- Apart from this, there could be some faults in the Windows settings
- If there is an issue in the hardware of the printer, this problem is sure to trouble you
How to fix HP printer is offline Mac?
The users who are facing printer offline issues on their Mac devices can follow the troubleshooting methods given below:
Get your HP Printer ready
The primary step to take in the situation is to ensure that your printer is in the ready mode which means it is available for the printing process to take place. This can be done by establishing a stable connection between your HP printer and Mac.
Reset HP printing system
When you reset your printer, nay fault or error in it is resolved by the clearance of pending print jobs and resetting the preferences.
Troubleshoot the connection
This method depends on if your printer is a wired or wireless one. In case it is a wired printer, then resolve issue with the USB connection. However, if your printer is a wireless one, then ensure that the Wi-Fi connection is stable.
How to change the HP Printer status from offline to online?
- Click on the ‘Start’ icon of your device.
- Choose ‘Control Panel’ from the selection menu.
- Go to the ‘Devices and Printers’ section.
- Right-click on your HP Printer model.
- Click on ‘See what’s printing’.
- On the next window, select ‘printer’ from the menu bar.
- From the given options, choose ‘use printer online’.
Remedies to resolve HP Printer offline problems
To get your offline printer work well again, you must troubleshoot it by making the following checks:
- Make sure that your HP Printer is powered on
- Check if it is connected to the same Wi-Fi network or not
- If nothing helps, try running a printer power cycle
- Make sure that it is set as the default printer
- You must try clearing the print queue of your HP device
- If that doesn’t help, reset the print queue managing service
- Uninstall and reinstall the latest printer drivers
- Restart your PC and try establishing a connection once again
Things you may want to know:
Why is my HP printer offline and not printing?
If your printer is showing an offline status again and again, then surely your default printer is set for using offline. If that is not the case, then probably your hp printer is not properly connected to your PC. Moreover, if your printer and the device are not connected to the same wireless network, then also you will see it as offline leading to printing issues.
Why do network printers go offline?
If you are using a networked HP Printer and it goes offline time and again, then surely your Wi-Fi network is not stable. In case you have not connected both the devices to the same network, then also this will happen with your network printer. To fix this issue, you should ensure that the network your printer is connected to is stable. Also, you may try to take the router closer to the printer and see if it helps.
How can I fix the HP Printer Offline errors in Windows 10?
Below are given some sure-shot ways to fix printer offline issues in Windows 10. Hopefully, one of them will help your printer work fine again:
- Restart your device and printer
- Uninstall and reinstall printer drivers on Windows 10
- In case you are using a VPN connection, disable it temporarily
- Try changing the settings and preferences of your printer
- Restarting the Printer Spooler service might also help
- Sometimes, changing printer properties also help
- Check for and install the latest printer updates
Why does my HP wireless printer keep going offline?
An unstable wifi connection is the most probable reason why your printer keeps going offline. In addition to this, if you have set your printer to be used offline, then your printer will not work online. Make sure your printer and device are receiving strong internet connectivity.
How do I add an HP Printer to my Chromebook?
To add your HP Printer to ChromeBook, follow the easy steps given below:
- Click on the ‘Time’ icon at the bottom right.
- Then, select the ‘Settings’ option.
- Further, click on the ‘Advanced’ option.
- Select the ‘printers’ option under ‘Printing’.
- Select the ‘Save’ option next to the “Available printers to save”.
- See if your printer appears in the list of ‘Saved printers’ or not.
Why does it say my HP printer is offline when it is not?
If your printer is not offline but still it is showing an offline status, then the possibility is that it is having a tough time to communicating with the PC it is connected to. Go to the ‘settings’ of your printer and show if it set as the default printer or not.
How to troubleshoot HP Printer Showing Offline with Print Server?
If your printer keeps showing offline with the print server even if you have provided it with high-speed internet connectivity and you have checked all the connections, then you need to bring it online by disabling the ‘use printer offline’ mode. For this, go to the ‘Devices and Printers’ section and click on ‘HP Printer’ and disable the ‘Use printer offline’ option.
Why does my computer say my HP Printer is offline when it is not?
If your HP Printer is showing offline even if it is online, then it simply means that your computer is not able to communicate with the printer. This could happen if your printer has not been turned on properly or you are using a faulty cord to connect it. A slow internet connection on a wireless printer could also be the cause.
How to turn the offline printer back online if it is in sleep mode?
To tune off the sleep mode of the printer:
- Press the ‘START’ and ‘OPTIONS’ keys on the LCD menu simultaneously.
- Now, you’ll see that the printer’s sleep mode is on.
- Use the navigation keys to turn the sleep mode off.
When you have turned off the sleep mode, you need to disconnect and reconnect the printer to your PC to bring it back online.
How do I access my HP printer?
To access the settings of your printer:
- Click on the ‘Start’ menu of your device.
- Go to the ‘Devices and Printer’ section.
- Then, navigate to the ‘Printers’ list.
- Here, click on your printer model.
- Else, right-click on it to access different options.
HP Printer offline issue is not only faced by you but there are many like you in the same boat. But, this issue is not too hard to resolve because the fixes given above would help you to change a printer’s status from “offline” to “online”. By the end of this article, you will be able to use the printer once again and resume your printing job.
Fix Brand Related Offline Issues
Turn to us if you are having printer offline issues on any make and model of printer brands listed below:
|HP Printer Offline||Canon Printer Offline||Epson Printer Offline|
|Brother Printer Offline||Samsung Printer Offline||Lexmark Printer Offline|
|Xerox Printer Offline||Ricoh Printer Offline||Dell Printer Offline|
Additional support options
Printer Cartridge Issues
In case you have tried replacing your old cartridge with the new one and you are still having trouble with us. Try the solutions listed here. (Read more)
Don’t know how to troubleshoot your printer to get it working again, worry no more. Continue reading the best solutions we have listed for you. (Read more)
HP Printer Error Codes
If your printer is showing up error codes time and again and you do not know to get rid of those annoying error codes, then read on to find the solutions. (Read more)
Wireless Printer Setup
Do not know how to set up your printer or having trouble while finding the network SSID and password? The method to connect your wireless printer is right here. (Read more)