When it comes to printers, Xerox printer always tops the list because of its various printing features like wireless printing, printer resolution, printer quality, and many more. But being a technical device, it may respond miserably. Sometimes, due to several technical errors, you might receive Xerox Printer Offline Message that ruins your printing experience.
So, whenever you receive such error message on your system, find the exact cause of the problem and proper troubleshooting methods to resolve the problem. You might be wondering why does my xerox printer showing offline, and how to fix Xerox printer offline error message? There can be several reasons that may cause this issue. Find the exact cause and relevant method to troubleshoot it.
Why does the Xerox Printer Offline error occur?
Generally, you receive this error message when Windows 10 system finds the printer in unavailable state. Unfortunately, this message indicates the printer is really offline state or if there are some connectivity problems or printing error. Given below are some of the major causes of Xerox printer offline error on Windows 10:
- There will be a slow/unresponsive connection between your computer and the printer.
- There might be some internal error in your printer.
- Multiple pending print jobs in the queue can also cause printer offline error message.
How can I fix the Xerox Printer Offline errors in Windows 10?
Once you come to find the exact cause of this error message, find the relevant method to fix it. So, let’s check all the methods one-by-one:
Method 1: Reinstall your printer drivers
You need to install some drivers and packages to print your documents using the Xerox printer. These drivers can also cause an offline error message in your system. Follow the steps given below to reinstall your printer drivers:
- Firstly, type in cp in the search box of your Windows and then select Control Panel from the context menu that appeared on the screen.
- Click on the Devices and Printers section from the menu.
- Select your printer, right-click on it, and choose Remove device.
- Click on the Yes button on the confirmation dialogue box that appeared on screen.
Once you are done with the above steps, download the latest driver from your printer’s official site and then install it.
Method 2: Change the printer settings
There can be some issues with your printer’s settings. In such a case, you need to change the settings of your printer. For this:
- Open Control Panel and go to your Printer window.
- Check if your printer is set to Default. If it is, then right-click on your default printer and select the print queue to check what’s printing.
- If there is any unfinished tasks, then remove them from the list.
- From the queue window, select your Printer and then uncheck the button indicating, “Use Printer Offline”. (if the Use Printer Offline option is off, leave it for a while and then uncheck it).
- Check whether the printer is properly connected to your computer.
- If you have a wireless printer, try restarting your router/switch to turn your printer and computer again in on state from off state.
If the problem isn’t solved even after changing the printer’s setting, reinstall the printer‘s drivers.
Method 3: Install the latest updates
Sometimes, the problem is caused by outdated software drivers and packages. If you are facing problems due to the same, then follow the steps given below to install the latest updates of Xerox printer’s drivers.
- Press the Windows + I key simultaneously. This will open the Settings app.
- Then, go to the Update & security section.
- Click on Check for updates button.
If any update is available, then install it by clicking on the install button.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I bring my Xerox printer back in online state?
Follow the steps given below to bring your bring again back in online state:
- Open Control Panel, and then select the Devices and Printers option from the menu.
- Right-click the printer in which you are facing a problem and click on the See what’s printing option.
- Select your printer from the window that appears on the screen.
- At last, click on the Use Printer Online option from the drop-down menu.
Why does my Xerox printer keep saying it’s offline?
If your Xerox printer is showing an offline message, then you might experience some problems while connecting it with your computer. There can be multiple reasons responsible for this, including some connectivity issues, a fault with your printer, and many more.
There are several reasons that can bring your Xerox printers an offline state. Find exactly what is causing a problem with your printer and then identify the best possible solutions to fix it. There can be several reasons to fix this problem. You can try any of the above methods to get rid of the Xerox printer offline error message.