Despite being one of the most popular printer brands, you may face some issues with your Epson printer. Issues like the Epson printer in error state are very common and can be caused due to multiple reasons. Mainly such issues arise because of faulty ink cartridges, insufficient power supply, improper installation of the printer’s software, etc. Whenever you experience the error state issue with your device, try to find the exact cause and proper workaround to get out of it. Here, in this article, we have mentioned proper methods that you can try to bring your Epson printer to a working state.
Why is My Epson Wireless Printer Stuck in Error State?
You must be wondering the exact cause of your Epson printer in error state. So, here we have mentioned some common reasons for the same. Check this prior to applying workaround as this will help you to detect the appropriate way to fix it:
- There might be some issues with your printer’s software or its installation.
- Any hardware-related issues can bring your Epson printer to an offline state.
- Your device might not be properly connected to your device or there may be some jammed paper inside your printer tray.
- An inadequate power supply to your printer can bring it in an error state.
How to Bring Epson Printer in Working State?
When you find the exact cause of the Epson printer offline issue, it’s time to apply some workaround to bring it to a working state. Given below are some common fixes that you can try to fix Epson printer in an error state:
Method 01: Run Windows Troubleshooter
You can use the Windows Troubleshooter software to resolve multiple issues with your printer, including its error state problem. For this, you have to:
- Firstly, type “Printers” in the Windows search bar and then press the “Enter” key. Then, click on the “Devices and Printers” option.
- A window with all the devices connected to your system will appear on the screen. Locate and right-click on your Epson printer.
- Now, click on the “Troubleshoot” option from the dropdown menu.
Wait till the tool detects the exact cause and kills the problem. If the problem is not solved, move to the next step.
Method 02: Update Epson Printer Driver
An outdated version of the Epson printer driver installed in your system can cause problems and will restrict you from using the printer. Here you can learn how to connect Epson printer to wifi using the latest printer driver. All you have to do is:
- Press the “Windows” + “R” keys simultaneously to open the “Run” prompt.
- Enter “devmgmt.msc” and press the “OK” button or “Enter” key to open the “Device Manager”.
- Locate and right-click on the printer with which you are facing issue.
- Click on “Update driver software” and then choose “Search automatically for updated driver software”.
- At last, go through all the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
How to Clear Epson printer in Error State By Printer Restart?
If the problem persists even after applying the above steps, check whether your printer is properly connected to the system. If it is, then restart your printer as sometimes this may resolve your issue. You can restart your printer by following the below-mentioned steps:
- First of all, shut down your Epson device.
- Check the trays and make sure that there is no jammed paper.
- Also, check the ink levels of your printer cartridge.
- If everything is OK, turn on the device.
Wrapping it up
Printing problems like Epson printer in error state is coming up every now and then. It is very important to apply a proper workaround to deal with them. We hope the above-mentioned solutions make your day. In case of other issues related to the Epson printer, feel free to contact the technical support team.