The Samsung printer offline error message is enough to give you a headache when you need to get a printout immediately. Well, this is not the case with only the Samsung printer, but printers of other known brands such as HP, Dell, Canon, and Brother also encounter this problem. But, there is always a sure shot solution to get your Samsung printer back online. And, we shall be having a look at the same in this blog-post.
Why does my Samsung wireless printer keep going offline?
There is a possible communication issue between your PC and the printer which could happen due to:
- Faulty cables
- Unsupported printer drivers
- Outdated drivers
- Network connectivity issues
- Power source issues
- Wireless connection problem
- The printer is set as offline
- It is not set as the default printer
- VPS is restricting its use
After figuring out the reason for the Samsung printer shows offline, we shall have a glance at the workarounds you can try to get rid of the issue.
Ways to fix Samsung printer offline in windows 10
One of the solutions given below shall definitely help you in getting your back online:
Way 1- check the connectivity
The primary thing you need to do is verify that you have connected the cables of the printer in the right place and it has been turned on. Also, make sure that the cable that is connecting the PC and the printer is not faulty.
Way 2- check for updates
The next best thing you can do in this situation is going to the official website of Samsung and seeing if any driver update is available. If it is so, do not delay in downloading these updates.
Way 3- re-install your printer
To re-install your printer, follow these steps:
- Open the Control Panel from the Start menu
- Go to the ‘Hardware and Sound’ section
- And, choose ‘Devices and Printers’
- Click on it to view the installed printers
- Right-click on your Samsung printer model
- Select the ‘remove’ option for it
- Go to the Samsung website
- And, download printer drivers from there
Way 4- set your printer as the default
In case your printer is not set as the default printer in your device, then it is surely going to have issues while you try to print from it. Go to the ‘Devices and Printers’ section of your Windows 10 and see if it is set as the default printer. If not, right-click on it and choose ‘Set as default.’
Way 5- disable the ‘Use printer offline’ feature
If you have enabled this feature, your printer would always show that it is offline. To disable this feature, open your printer properties and un-check the box next to ‘use printer offline.’
Fix Samsung printer offline in Mac
- The first thing you can try is to install the software updates if any
- Else, try disabling the VPN, if you have enabled it
- Stop and resume the printing process by going to the ‘System Preferences’ menu
- Else, reset the printing system:
- Tap on the ‘Apple’ menu
- Choose ‘System Preferences’
- Select ‘Print and Scan’
- Press the ‘Ctrl’ key
- At the same time, right-click on the ‘Pinter’ list
- Then, choose ‘Reset Printing system’
- Remove and re-add your printer to Mac
You can try these workarounds for the printer of other brands as well. Although some of the steps might slightly vary. For more information, you can navigate to the manufacturer’s website and look for helpful articles.