In order to get rid of the Lexmark printer offline problem, there are several things you can try. Although Lexmark printers are designed to give perfect printouts and are widely used for their superfluous printing, they still may come up with errors while you are using them. One of the most commonly faced printer problems is “Lexmark printer offline” or “Lexmark printer not working.” However, you can always try some troubleshooting methods to get rid of this situation immediately and get your printer back online.
Why is my Lexmark printer offline Windows 10?
If your Lexmark printer keeps going offline and you are worried that why you have to face this problem so often, then here are the possible causes for the same. These causes are not device-specific and may occur on Windows or Mac.
- The printer cables including the USB cable are loosely connected
- You forgot to turn on your printer
- In the case of a wireless printer, the chances are that your PC and printer are not sharing the same network
- There are a lot of print commands stuck in the print queue
- Your printer is not set as the default printer
- Your device does not have the latest drivers for your printer
- Or, you have enabled the “Use Printer Offline” mode
How to get the Lexmark printer online?
Re-install new printer drivers
- Open the Control Panel > Devices and Printers
- Form the list, find out your printer
- Then, right-click on it
- Select the ‘Remove Device’ option
- On the confirmation dialog box, select ‘Yes’
- Then, go to the official website of Lexmark
- Find out the latest drivers for your printer model
- And download it using the appropriate method
Configure the printer settings
- Go to the Printers section from your Control Panel
- See if your printer is set as the default one
- If not, right-click on it and select ‘set as default’
- Else, right-click on it and tap ‘See what’s printing’
- Clear the print queue if there is an unfinished task under it
- Else, uncheck the box next to ‘Use Printer Offline’
Check the USB connection
If you have connected your printer through a USB cable, then there is a possibility that the USB cable is loose. Plug it firmly in its place and check the power cable as well.
Restart the printer spooler service
- On your Windows keyboard, press the Win+R keys
- In the given space, type ‘services.msc’
- Click ‘OK’ or press the ‘Enter’ key
- From the services, find and click on ‘Printer Spooler’
- Right-click on the same and choose ‘Restart’
Disable the VPN
In case you have enabled VPN services on your device, then you ought to disable them temporarily as might be restricting the Lexmark printer to communicate with your computer.
Methods to fix Lexmark printer offline Mac
Check the connection
First of all, check all the basic connections and cables for any fault. Also, check if there is enough ink in the cartridges.
Install the driver updates
Most probably, your Mac is having outdated printer drivers. Go to the official website of Lexmark and check for any available updates for the same.
Restart your printer and Mac
Sometimes, just a simple restart helps in getting rid of issues like Lexmark printer offline.
Resume the printing process
- Open the Dock and go to the ‘System Preferences’ section
- From the menu, select ‘Print and Scan’
- Now, double-tap on your printer’s name
- If there is a yellow light next to it, click ‘Resume’
By the end of this post, you will be able to use your printer once again. If your Lexmark printer not communicating with a computer even after trying these steps, you might need to take it to the service center and get it fixed.
Lexmark Laser Color and Monochrome Printer Series and Models, We help-
|Lexmark x5650||Lexmark b2338dw||Lexmark x4650||Lexmark pro 200|
|Lexmark 2400||Lexmark 264dn||Lexmark 310||Lexmark 4000|
|Lexmark xc 4140||Lexmark envy 4524||Lexmark 611de||Lexmark 710|
|Lexmark 910||Lexmark b2220||Lexmark c544||Lexmark B2546dw|