Epson printers are one of the most popular printer brands and are mainly known for their quality and reliability. There are many printer models, such as WF 4630, ET 3600, Stylus Pro 7800, etc.
available in the market. But there are several issues that may occur while printing your documents using the Epson printer. One of the most common issues that many users have complained about is the stopped functioning of their Epson printer due to filter failure.
If your Epson printer filter fails after connecting it to your Apple device, resolve the issue at the earliest otherwise you cannot print a document or PDF. Here, in this article, we have mentioned common methods that you can try to fix the Epson printer filter failed error on different models.
What Causes Filter Failed Error on an Epson Printer?
The Epson printer Mac filter failed error generally indicates that this part of your printer has some defects. Such issues can occur either due to the faulty driver software or improper setup of your Epson printer.
Else, the printer-related drivers and software installed in your system may have encountered bugs or issues. These bugs can harm your printer’s filter and make them unable to work properly. For as long as this error persists, your printer will not print anything or may print incorrectly.
Effective Steps to Resolve Epson Printer Filter Failed Error on Mac
As explained, outdated drivers installed in your system are the main cause of such errors. Reinstalling the driver for your device will definitely resolve the Epson Printer filter failed error message. However, if the printer’s filter error message still exists, then you should try following steps to bring your printer back to error-free state:
- Firstly, turn off your printer and open System Preferences, and go to Print & Fax.
- Choose the name of your printer with which you are facing the issue and then click on the “-“ option. This will remove the selected printer from the list.
- Now, close the ‘Print & Fax’ window and navigate to your hard drive.
- Navigate to Library->Printers and delete the ‘Epson’ folder.
- Now, again go to the hard drive window and then: Library -> Printers -> PPD -> Contents -> Resources. Then locate your printing device in the list and once you find it, remove it from the list.
- Now, take this path: Library -> Cache. Delete the folder with the ‘Epson’ name. After completing this step, click the cross button located on the top right-hand corner to close the window of the hard drive.
- Further, Turn ON your printer and restart the computer.
- Open any browser and go to the official site of Epson and locate your printing machine. Identify all the driver software for your printer and download it to your system.
- Wait till the software is downloading and once the file is downloaded, launch the file and go through all the on-screen instructions.
- At last, you need to verify whether the problem still continues. For this, print a sample document and check if you are still getting any error messages. If not, then the issue has been settled.
Issues like Epson printer filter failure are common while printing your document or PDF by Mac Mojave, Sierra, Ubuntu, etc. Whenever you get any such kind of error, apply technical methods to solve it rather than putting it off for too long. Hopefully, the steps mentioned above help you to solve the issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why does the filter fail on my Epson printer?
Filter of an Epson printer may fail or stop due to the driver software. If your device has outdated driver software, then the filter of your Epson printer may get affected.
How can I troubleshoot filter failed Issue on Epson ET 2720?
If you are facing filter failure error on Epson ET 2720 Printer, reinstall the driver for it on your Mac. If the problem still persists, get in touch with the professional expert team of Epson.