Is your HP printer not detected in the system and you are looking for solutions? A strong connection between the HP Printer and computer system plays an important role in order to avail printing-related services. You can connect your printer to any system via Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, or a USB cable, but the connection should be proper. If the connection is lost anyhow, then you will get an “HP Printer not Detected” error message. This is a very big issue and needs to be resolved at the earliest. Here, in this article, we have mentioned common reasons behind the issue and proper troubleshooting to deal with it cost-efficiently.
What Causes HP Printer won’t Connect to Computer/Network?
There are several reasons due to which your HP Printer is unable to connect to a computer or network. Some of them are given below:
- Dust particles or debris are present in the USB port.
- Incompatible printer driver or outdated driver software.
- Poor Wi-Fi network connectivity.
How do I Fix HP Printer not Detected Issue?
We have mentioned some simple and effective troubleshooting methods that you can try to fix the HP Printer won’t connect to computer/network issues. So, without wasting time, let’s discuss each one of them in detail to make your printer error-free.
Method 01: Clean Your Printer’s USB Port
As mentioned above, there can be dust particles or debris inside the USB port of your printer. These duct particles make it unable for the printer to connect to any computer or network. The USB port of the printer cable must be cleaned and should be connected in respective ports. If there is any dust or dirt, use a dry cloth to slightly wipe out the cable. After that, reconnect your devices and check if your computer detects the printer.
Method 02: Update Your HP Printer Driver
Another reason due to which your computer is unable to detect the printer is outdated printer drivers. You can update the printer-related driver in your system by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Firstly, restart your Windows system and then press the Windows button on the keyboard.
- Now type “Check for Updates” option in the Windows search bar and select the same from the navigation menu that appears on the screen.
- The software will then automatically start scanning for any driver update. If any pending Windows update is found, it will start downloading.
- If the download process doesn’t start automatically, you can click the “Download” button to start it manually.
Method 03: Make Sure Printer’s Wire Connection is Proper
Loose or improper connections are also the major cause of “HP printer is not detected” by computer issue. Check if the printer wire is properly inserted into both ends or not. If there is a loose connection, take the cables out and then gently insert them in respective ports.
Also, check for any discrepancies in the cable as torn and damaged cables are not suitable. In such cases, change the cable and then check if your computer will start detecting your printer.
Method 04: Configure The Printer’s Settings
Issues like HP printer won’t connect to the Wi-Fi network usually occurs when you have recently changed the Wi-Fi settings. In such cases, it is important to configure the printer’s settings as per the new change. For this:
- Hold the Wi-Fi icon on your printer to turn it off.
- Now, tap the Gear icon to enter the “Set-up” menu.
- Then restore “Network Settings” by selecting the “Reset” option. This will bring your printer back to its factory default settings.
- Turn on the Wi-Fi and click the “Wireless Settings” tab.
- Select the desired Wifi network with which you are facing issues. If the name does not appear on the screen, enter the network’s name manually along with its correct password.
The above-mentioned methods will definitely help you to fix HP Printer not Detected by computer/network error. If you are still facing any connection-related issue or any other problem with the HP printer, feel free to contact the technical support team. The professional experts are available 24*7 to help you in the best possible ways. Our HP printer support executives will help you in finding the exact cause behind the HP printer not printing issue and fix it right away.