Though Canon Printers are known for their high-efficient printing services, sometimes they display error messages while printing. One of the common issues is Canon printers printing blank pages. Genuinely, it is terrifying when your printer stops printing all of a sudden. If your printer is displaying an error message, you need to find the exact cause and proper troubleshooting methods to fix it.
Blank page printing is a common issue that occurs in Canon printers. Usually, the problem occurs when there is no ink left in the cartridge, or due to the blockage of vacuum in the cartridge. Here, in this article, we have provided some common causes and methods that you can try to fix Canon printer printing blank pages error.
Common Reasons Why Canon Printer Prints Blank Pages
Given below are some common reasons why your Canon printer starts printing blank pages all of sudden:
- Any hardware or printer driver-related issue on the Canon printer.
- There may be an issue with the cartridge as it might not be properly installed.
- Low ink levels or any fundamental issues can make your Canon printer print blank pages.
- Any blockage of vacuum in your printing device.
- Some corrupted softwares are also the main reason for this problem.
How to Fix Canon Printer Printing Blank Pages?
In this section, we have provided some troubleshooting methods that you can apply to fix the Canon printer printing blank pages Mac/Windows issue. Just go through these methods one by one to bring your printing device back to its online state:
- Check whether the ink or toner cartridges are properly installed within your Canon printer. For this, you need to go through the steps provided in the installation manual.
- Carefully eradicate the protective sheet or round covering of your Canon printer otherwise you may experience Canon printer keeps printing blank pages.
Check Ink Level:
If your ink cartridge is empty, then issues like Canon laser printer printing blank pages are obviously common. You can check the ink level of your printing device by using the menu buttons present in your printer.
Unclog the Print Heads
Generally, the Canon printer printing blank pages issue occurs if you have not utilized your printer for a long time. In such cases, the ink dried up and blocks the print heads. You can fix the issue by cleaning the print heads on your printer using a lint-free soft cloth. Alternatively, you can try the automatic cleaning method to clean dirty or clogged print heads.
Update the Printer Drivers
If all the above methods fail to bring your Canon printer back to a working state, check if your printer drivers are updated. If the drivers are outdated, visit the official site of Canon printer and navigate to the driver’s page to update them.
Still Canon Printer keeps Printing Blank Pages? Try These Quick Steps:
If your Canon printer ejects paper without printing or print blank pages, try the below-mentioned steps to fix it:
- Firstly, go to the Windows Desktop screen and open the Control panel. Then, click on the “Devices and Printers” option.
- Locate and right-click on your printer’s name and then select properties.
- Now, from the printer properties, go to Device Settings and then select preferences.
- From the preferences window, select the option indicating “Print head.”
- After that, click on the Services option and clean the print head.
- You need to use this option several times till the print head is properly cleaned.
- After that, navigate to the Maintenance tab and choose the option of Nozzle check and deep cleaning.
- After completing all the above steps, print a sample document to check if the printer is not printing blank pages.
Hope, the above methods help you to fix the problem of Canon printer printing blank pages. Just apply these methods one by one to remove the issue and bring your printer back to the printing state. If your Canon printer keeps printing blank pages, you should contact their professional team by visiting the Canon official website. The professional experts are available 24*7 to fix any issue with Canon printers.