Do you need to print an important document, but your printer has stopped cooperating with you any longer? Well, this is nothing new with a printer. After a certain time period, they start causing interruptions in your work. Among many other issues, the Ricoh printer offline is one such problem that is enough to irritate a user. But, worry not because this write-up has got your back.
Why is my Ricoh printer offline?
Among several other reasons the main reason why your Ricoh printer is offline is that it has not been connected properly to the power source.
But the real problem arises when you recheck the connection and it turns out to be perfect. Thus, some other major reasons responsible for the same issue are listed right here:
- There is some external or internal factor working upon it.
- If you have requested for the printer connectivity through incorrect means i.e. SNMP instead of WMI.
- Incorrect printer configurations or settings.
- Printer Spooler Service not working properly.
- Inaccurate settings in the Printer Properties.
- A problem with the installed printer drivers.
Fix Ricoh printer offline Windows 10
Try the following workarounds to get your Ricoh printer back online:
Workaround 1- reinstall Ricoh Printer Drivers
- Open Control Panel > Devices and Printers.
- Locate where your printer is.
- Right-click on it and choose ‘Remove Device.’
- On the confirmation page, click ‘Yes’.
- Now, go to the official website of Ricoh.
- And, download the latest printer drivers from there.
Workaround 2- change the settings of your printer
- Click Start > Control Panel > Printers.
- Verify that your printer is set to default.
- If it is, right-click on it.
- Then, click ‘See what’s printing.’
- If there is anything in the print queue, remove it.
- In the print queue window, select ‘Printer’.
- Uncheck the box next to ‘Use Printer Offline.’
Workaround 3- restart print spooler services
- Press the Windows + R keys on your keyboard.
- In the ‘Run’ box, type ‘services.msc’ and hit ‘Enter.’
- Find out where print spooler service is written.
- Right-click on it and select ‘Restart’.
Fix Ricoh printer offline Mac
If your Ricoh printer is offline in Mac, then you must follow these workarounds listed below:
Workaround 1- check the connection
Ricoh printer offline message appears on your system when the cables connected to your Mac and the printer is not connected properly. Most of the time, there is a fault in the cables or the wireless connection between your printer and Mac is not successful.
Workaround 2- Resume the printing system
- Open the Dock of your Mac.
- Click on the ‘System Preferences.’
- Then, tap ‘Print and Scan.’
- Now, double-click on your printer.
- If you see a yellow light next to it, click ‘Resume.’
Workaround 3- reset the printer system
- Tap on the Apple menu > System Preferences > Print & Scan.
- Now, press the Ctrl key, and at the same time, right-click on your printer.
- After that, select the ‘Reset Printing System’ from the list.
- Now, add your printer again and install the latest drivers for it.
If you still see a Ricoh printer offline error message on your screen while printing, you need to delete all the print jobs that are stuck in the queue and then wait for some time. Else, try to restart the printer as well as the system and try giving the print command by pressing the Ctrl + P keys.