Despite of being the best printer brands, Brother printer offer you various features to make your printing task simple and easy. But sometimes, you may encounter some problems while printing your documents from Brother printers. There are many reasons for such problem, either it is due to improper printer setting or any other configuration-related issues.
So, whenever your Brother printer may not print properly or as expected, try to find the exact cause of your problem and then apply some troubleshooting methods to fix the issue. As explained, the problem can also occur because of many other reasons, as well. Here in this article, we have mentioned some common causes and effective troubleshooting methods that you can try to fix Brother Printer Won’t Print Issue on your system.
What Makes Your Brother Printer Not Printing Properly?
There are many causes of the Brother printer not printing error. Some of them are given below:
- If you are using a wired connection, then the connection might be faulty. In case of wireless connection, there can be some problem with the wifi or the IP address of your computer and the Brother printer.
- Users often tell us that their brother printer won’t print black and white without color ink. In such a case, make sure that the problem is not with the ink cartridge or faulty printer driver installed in your system.
- A problem with the ink cartridge of your printer, such as low-quality cartridge and dry ink can also cause this problem.
How do I Fix Brother Printer Not Working Issue?
Once you come to know the exact troubleshooting method to fix the problem, it’s time to apply various troubleshooting techniques and methods to bring your brother printer in online state. Mainly the problem is because of inadequate toner levels, worn outs, paper jamming in try, outdated or improper installation of printer drivers, and many more. You may also experience such issues if your brother printer automatically goes into sleep mode. Check out the following methods to fix Brother Printer won’t print issue and to bring it in working state:
Solution 1: Brother Printer Connected to Wifi but not Printing
In case, if your printer is properly connected to Wifi, but makes you unable to print your documents. Then in such a case, you can follow the steps given below to fix your problem:
- Press Windows + I keys simultaneously to open the “Settings” window and then tap on “Printers” or “Printers and other hardware”.
- Check whether your Brother printer is set as the default printer. If not, then right-click on your device and choose “Set as default printer” from the context menu.
- Also, check the print status of your printer. If the printing status is offline, right-click on the Brother printer icon and select “Use printer online” option.
- If the printing status is paused then right-click on the icon of your device and untick the checkmark adjacent to the “Pause Printing” option. You can also click on the “Resume printing” option if you need to finish printing a document.
Once done with the above steps, print a sample document to make sure that everything is OK.
Solution 2: Check Power Supply of Your Printer
It is very important to check the connection between your printer and system. Make sure your devices have a safe connection. If there is any problem, then again try to establish the connection between your printer and computer.
Also, check whether the LED light adjacent to the power supply is blinking. This light basically indicates that the printer is receiving an adequate power supply. If the LED light is not blinking properly or if there seems to be any problem, immediately check the power supply of your printer.
Solution 3: Check the connection between the printer and PC
Sometimes, the problem is because of the connection between the printer and the PC. In such a case, you can apply the following steps to bring your printer in working state:
- Type cp in the search box located on your desktop and then open the Control Panel window on your PC. Go to the devices and printers section.
- Locate the Brother printer that you are using and check its status.
- At last, set your Brother printer as a default printer for your system.
Solution 4: Brother Printer won’t Print in Color
Instances like Brother printer not printing color can bother you a lot, you can apply the following troubleshooting steps given below:
Many models of Brother printers give a warning when they don’t have enough ink in the cartridge while some stop printing once the cartridge runs out of ink. Whenever your brother printer stops printing, check whether the cartridge has ink or not.
The Brother printer may not print in color if the ink cartridge is not properly installed on your system. So, make sure that it has been placed properly, if not, take it out gently and fit it back correctly.