HP is a well-known IT device manufacturer in the world that delivers the best and versatile IT devices. But there are some instances when you may face problems while using your HP device. In such a case, the company provides the HP Support Assistant that helps in maintaining your HP device by providing automated support, automatic updates to your system, and also fixing all kinds of minor issues on its own. HP assistant is a build-in feature in all HP devices including your HP Printers and computers. It. This feature is already pre-installed in the new HP desktop and notebook devices. Check out this article to know what exactly this HP Wireless assistant is and how it will benefit you.
What is the HP Support Assistant?
Just like HP Printer Assistant, HP Support Assistant is a software program that comes pre-installed on all the HP devices. This tool was developed to help the users so that they can easily troubleshoot all the problems that generally in their HP devices. This tool helps you to improve the performance and make your device more reliable by automatically updating the firmware and drivers. To use the pre-installed HP Support Assistant, all you have to do is click on the “?” icon located in the system tray of your device in which you are facing the problem.
How do I Download the HP Support Assistant on Windows 10?
It is very easy to download and install HP wireless assistant Windows 10 software. All you have to do is follow some easy guidelines that are given below:
- First of all, open your web browser and go to the official website of HP wireless assistant to install it, i.e., http://www.hp.com/go/hpsupportassistant
- Now, click on the “software and drivers’ option from the home page.
- Then, choose the icon that indicates the “Let’s identify your product to get started” option.
- Here you need to select the device on which you have to install the HP Support Assistant.
- Enter all the required details like the HP Printer’s model number or serial number and then click on the “submit” option. This allows the server to automatically detect the requirements and other details that are required to download the software.
- Tap the “Download” button located under the HP Support Assistant software. Then, click on the downloaded .exe file to install it in your device.
- Follow the on-screen instruction to complete the installation procedure of the HP Support Assistant.
Install from Recovery Manager on Windows 10
You can follow the below-mentioned steps to install HP Assistant on Windows 10 system if you are facing problems in the above steps:
- Before moving further, you have to click on the ‘Start’ button on your device.
- After this, locate the Recovery Manager option using the ‘Search’ field.
- From the list of options that appeared on the screen, select the ‘Recovery Manager’. Then, allow the action to continue from the prompt window that appeared on screen.
- From the new screen that opened up, you need to click on the option indicating the ‘Software Program’. This option is usually located under the ‘I need help immediately’ option.
- Now, select the ‘HP Wireless Assistant’ option from the reinstallation screen and click on the ‘Next’ button to begin the software installation process.
- Follow all the on-screen instructions and then restart your device.
How to uninstall HP Support Assistant?
There are some problems that you may encounter while using this support assistant. One of the common problems is HP wireless assistants not working properly on your device. In such a case, you need to uninstall that application from your system. For this:
- Search for and open the “Uninstall a program” option located on your device.
- Now, go to the “Programs and Features” option and select the “HP Support Assistant”.
- In the end, click on the “Uninstall” button to remove the application from system.
At times, the HP Support Assistant software installed on your device might slow down your computer. The pre-installed HP Support Assistant slows down the performance of your system and eat up the extra memory of it. In case of problems like HP wireless assistant won’t open, it is important to remove the assistant from your device. All you have to do is follow the steps given above to uninstall the HP wireless assistant from your system.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does HP Support Assistant Do?
HP Support Assistant helps you to automatically fix all the issues that generally occur in your HP devices. It helps you to install all the latest updates on your HP device. It can also be used to fix all the minor issues like HP Printer offline or others easily if your device has an HP Support Assistant.
How do I get HP Support Assistant?
Although it is pre-installed in most of the latest HP Printers and notebooks, if your HP device does not have it, then you can download it from the official website. After successfully downloading the software, you can use it to fix various issues and problems.