With the advancement of technology, HP printers have become one of the most proficient printer brands among users. There are various models of HP printers available in the market that you can use in your offices, schools, hospitals, etc. But sometimes, you may experience issues while printing your documents using your HP Printer.
One of the common issues that many users have encountered is the HP printer validation failed error. This error message indicates that there is some obstruction in the printer’s carriage which stops it from moving freely. The carriage of your printer holds the ink cartridge and slides it back and forth to print your documents. These kinds of errors need to be resolved at the earliest in order to conduct smooth printing services. Here in this article, we have mentioned quick troubleshooting steps that you can follow to fix the HP printer validation failed error.
What Causes HP Printer Validation Failed Problem?
Whenever you get the HP printer validation failed error message, it is important to know the exact cause of the issue. Given below are some main reasons why your printer encounters this error:
- There may be some obstruction within your printer that cause issues, like paper jam.
- Many times, the carriage of the printer became unable to move easily.
Quick Methods to Fix Printer Validation Failed Error
There are several methods that you can apply to fix printer validation failed errors on HP envy 7640 or other printer models. Here’s what you need to do if you’re getting the validation failed error on your printer:
Method 01: Run the Printer Troubleshooter
Are you getting the HP printer validation failed message? No worries, You can resolve the issue by using the printer troubleshooter. You just have to apply the below-given steps for the same:
- Firstly, press the Windows +S key to open the search box.
- Now, type “troubleshoot” in the search box.
- Now, click on Troubleshoot settings to open the Troubleshoot window in the settings.
- Next, you have to tap the “Printer” option and then click the “Run this troubleshooter” button.
- Select the printer that you want to troubleshoot.
- At last, click the Next button to start the troubleshooting process.
If the printer troubleshooter fails to resolve your HP printer stuck on validating issue, you can try another solution to fix it.
Method 02: Reset Your HP Printer
You can fix the printer validation failed windows 10 issue by resetting it. This can help you to fix many issues with your printer, including the HP printer validation failed errors. All you have to do is:
- Firstly, remove your printer from the wall socket and also disconnect the cable from the printer’s backside while keeping your printer on.
- Locate and disconnect all the additional cables from the printer.
- Now, keep your printer idle for 3-4 minutes and then keep pressing the power button for 30 seconds.
- Now, attach all the cables as they were and turn ON the power.
- In the end, switch on the printer and print a sample document to ensure that the printer validation failed error is resolved.
Method 03: Reinstall the HP Printer Driver and Software
Reinstalling the HP printer driver and software can help you to fix the HP printer certificate validation failed error. For this:
- Press the Windows + R keys on your system to open the Run window. Then, type “appwiz.cpl” in the Run prompt and tap the OK button.
- Now, from the Programs and Features list, select your HP printer software.
- Now, click on the “Uninstall” option and tap the “Yes” button to confirm the action.
- Once the HP printer software is uninstalled from your device, reboot it to continue.
- Open the control panel of your system and click the “Devices and Printers” option.
- Next, right-click on the printer that you want to uninstall and then select the “Remove device” option.
- After completing the above steps, tap the “Yes” button to complete the process.
We hope that the above methods help you to fix the issue of the HP printer validation failed error. However, if you are still getting the issue, you can contact our technical team through live chat support. Our professional experts are always available to help you with such issues.