Though HP printers offer several features to their users, sometimes you may face problems while using them. One of the common issues is HP printers printing blank pages. Whenever you encounter this issue while using your HP printing device, it is important to find the exact cause of it.
When your HP printer is printing blank pages, its nozzles may be clogged or the cartridge may not have sufficient ink. Here, in this article, we have mentioned some common reasons for HP printers printing blank pages after cartridge change. Also, we have provided some quick troubleshooting methods that can help you to fix such issues with your HP printers.
Why Is My HP Printer Printing Blank Pages?
There are multiple reasons why your HP printer prints blank pages instead of your required content. There can be some problem with your printer or the computer with which your printer is connected. Given below are some common causes to explain why is my hp printer printing blank pages when it has ink:
- The yellow tapes from the ink cartridges might not be removed properly before installation.
- Using the incorrect printing paper’s size can result in blank output. To avoid such a situation, check the manual of your HP printer to know the right size of the printing paper.
- The nozzles of cartridges may get clogged due to dried ink in them and thus starts printing blank pages.
- There might be some problem with the driver related to the HP printer installed in your system.
- Improper paper layout, orientation, or size in your printer software settings results in blank page printing issues.
In addition to these issues, there can be other reasons, as well, that can also cause the printing of blank pages.
Quick Methods to Fix HP Printer that Prints Blank Pages?
In this section, you will learn how to fix an HP printer that prints blank pages on Windows 10, Mac, and other devices. Apply these methods one-by-one to solve your issue:
Method 01: Use Original HP Cartridges
HP recommends using the original HP ink cartridges and other supplies for your printers. It is advised to use the original ink cartridges as it cause no damage to the device. Using the proper cartridge as per your HP printer model reduces the chances of getting printing errors. If you don’t use the original cartridge with your printer, its parts may get long-term damage.
Method 02: Restart Your Printer
Switching off your printer and back on again is the best method to fix HP printer printing blank pages and Mac and Windows issues. Follow the below-given steps to restart your printer:
- Press and hold the power button of your printer and wait till it is switched off.
- Disconnect the power cable from the socket and reconnect it after a few minutes.
- At last, press the power button to turn ON your printer.
Method 03: Clean the Print Head
Clogging of your print heads is the main reason for HP printers printing blank pages from Word and other files. In such cases, you have to unclog the print head either manual or automatic to fix the issue.
You can manually clean the print head of your printer by using a smooth cloth dipped in warm water. To gently clean your print head, use protective gloves while de-attaching the removable print heads to prevent direct contact with the ink.
If you are using an HP inkjet printer, then use the automatic cleaning feature to unclog the print head. You can easily activate the printer’s automatic cleaning cycle from the control panel of your printer or the Printer Properties of your computer. If the issue persists even after the simple cleaning, you can use the deep cleaning feature.
Method 04: Update the Printer Driver
Installing the latest printer driver or updating the existing one can help you to fix the hp printer printing blank pages from iPhone issues. All you have to do is:
- Turn on your HP printer and connect it to your computer.
- Visit the official website of HP Support and navigate to the “Software and Driver Downloads” section.
- Enter the model number of your HP printer and check if any update is available.
- At last, click on the “Update” button and go through the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
Getting blank pages while printing your documents using HP printers is the most annoying issue. This can hamper your work and cause a great deal of difficulty. If you ever experience such an issue while printing your urgent documents, try these methods to fix your issue. We hope these methods can help you in fixing most of the HP printer issues.