HP printers are popularly known for their features. But there are some issues that you may face while printing your documents. One of the main problems that you may face is the issue of the HP printer missing lines while printing your documents. This issue occurs because of the dried-up ink nozzle and many other reasons, as well.
There might be direct contact of the ink nozzle with the plastic covering of your printer, paper of improper size or printer’s configuration issues, etc. These all reasons cause in HP Envy 4500 printer or any other printer model. There are several easy methods that you can try to fix your problem. These methods include replacing the ink cartridges, cleaning the dirty metal using a soft cloth and checking electrical contacts, etc. Here, in this article, we have mentioned quick methods to fix HP Printer Ink Cartridge Error.
What Causes HP Printer Missing Lines Issue While Printing?
There are several reasons because of which you may experience the issue of HP printer skipping lines when printing. Whenever you face such problems on HP Officejet Pro 6978 or any other model, you must find the exact cause of your problem. Some of the most common causes are given below:
- One or multiple nozzles of your printer might be blocked, which causes the issue of the ink not flowing properly on the printing paper.
- The problem can also be due to the color mixing issue of your printer’s ink. Sometimes the nozzle may come in direct contact with the plastic covering of your printer and cause color mixing.
- The printhead might not be properly aligned with your device which can also cause the HP printer- Banding, Missing Dots, or White Streaks issue.
How Can I Fix the HP Printer Missing Lines Error?
Whenever you experience any issue, like HP printer offline problem, etc you have to apply some troubleshooting methods to fix it. Similarly, in case of HP printer missing lines error, you have to apply some methods so your printer can respond properly. Some of the methods that you can try to fix the issue are given below:
Method 1: Clean the Metal Contacts
The missing lines issue on your HP printer can be resolved by cleaning the copper-colored contact. Before applying the steps for same, make sure that the carriage has completely stopped moving. Now, follow the below-given steps to clean Metal contacts:
- Remove the top cover of the ink cartridge door of your printer and wait till the carriage stops moving.
- Turn off your HP device and also remove the power cord from the main power source.
- Take out the toner cartridges and put them on a dry surface with the nozzle’s face in upward direction.
- Use a soft piece of cotton cloth to clean the copper contacts and contacts of the carriage.
- Insert the cartridges again into the printer and close the access door of your printer.
Method 2: Replace the Ink Cartridges
Replacing the ink cartridges of your printer can also help you to fix HP printer streaks when printing. The missing lines may occur because of any issue in the printer’s cartridges. You can follow the below-mentioned steps to replace an old cartridge of your printer:
- Open the printer’s access door and remove the old cartridges from it.
- Unpack the new ink cartridges from the packaging and insert them into its slot.
- Once the cartridge is properly inserted in your printer, you will hear a “Snap” sound.
- After that, close the lid of the ink cartridge’s access door.
You must be using HP printers either for personal and official purposes. Sometimes, your printer starts missing lines and print blank spaces on your page. It is very important to fix the problem as soon as possible. Hope, the above-mentioned methods prevent such an error from occurring again in your device. Just apply these steps to fix your problem and you would refer to this article again in the future if the error comes back.