When you see the offline status error on your printer without any apparent reason, nothing can be more annoying than this. The HP LaserJet offline status is one of those things which are enough to tell you that your printer will no longer respond to your commands, no matter how hard you try. Therefore, this write-up will open a gateway for you so that you can look further and find out the main culprit behind this issue making the resolution process pretty easier.
Why is HP color LaserJet Pro MFP m477 PCL 6 offline?
The reasons highlighted below would apparently make things clearer for you and would guide you on how to fix HP LaserJet offline status.
- “Use Printer Offline” mode is selected
- The printer you are using is not set as the default printer
- The printer driver is either missing or outdated
- There is a serious issue with the printer spooler
- Your printer and Wi-Fi are not connected to the same network
- You haven’t saved your printer settings after updating them
- Your printer is facing serious paper jam issues
The factors highlighted above will be applicable for all models of HP Printer. Thus, to resolve the HP LaserJet Pro Printers p1102w, MFP m277dw, p2015dn, 200 MFP m276nw offline, some common remedies can be followed by the users.
Solutions to fix HP LaserJet printer offline on Windows 10
When the HP Printer Offline status takes on your nerves, trying the solutions mentioned in this write-up will help you through your pathway:
Disable the offline printing mode
- Begin with clicking on the Start menu
- Select Settings > Devices > Printers and Scanners
- Right-click on your HP Printer name
- Deselect the “Use Printer Offline” option
Set your printer as the default
- Go to your Windows 10 Control Panel
- Find the Devices and Printers menu
- If your printer model is set as default, it will have a tick-mark on it
- If not, right-click on your printer
- Select set as default printer
- Take a test print from your printer now
- Check if HP LaserJet offline status shows
Install printer driver updates
To begin with, first, you have to check if you have installed compatible printer drivers on your Windows 10 PC. If not, you need to install them. Otherwise, go to 123.hp.com/setup, look for compatible printer drivers, and install driver updates.
Fix printer spooler settings
- Open the Run dialog box
- Write msc in the Run box
- Scroll down in the menu and click on Printer Spooler
- Right-click on this option and choose Stop
- Restart your PC to save the settings
Check wireless connectivity
If HP LaserJet offline status shows up even after using these procedures, then check if your HP Printer is connected over the same Wi-Fi network or not. If not, troubleshoot the connection problem among your printer, router, and PC.
By this write-up, we intend to make sure that your problem has been resolved. If you find out that there is a problem with the HP Printer Assistant, then you should troubleshoot it immediately because it will eventually help to resolve the printer’s offline status. Sometimes, fixing the HP LaserJet offline issue is as simple as restarting the printer. This problem can also be resolved by checking the USB cables and other wired connections.