HP Printers are among the popular IT devices that you might use on the daily basis in your home. There are multiple printer models available in the market that vary as per features and functionalities. But sometimes, you might encounter HP printer offline error on Windows 10 and Mac. It is quite frustrating and needs to be resolved at the earliest. Whenever your HP envy printer says the offline message, try to find the exact cause of it.
Usually, the problem is common for wireless printer users. In this case, you may face problems while printing your document. Check out different reasons and methods to fix the printer that keeps going offline status.
Why Does My HP Envy 4520, 4500, 5530, 5000 Keeps Going Offline?
There can be multiple reasons behind the offline issue of your HP Envy printer. Some of them are given below:
- Improper setup of your printer with the computer.
- The appropriate printer driver or software is not available on your system.
- The USB cable of the printer may not be properly connected to the power socket.
- Improper printer setting preferences can also cause several issues.
- The software may be outdated or not properly configured.
All the above-mentioned causes make your printer display an offline error message. Whatever the reason is, you must check your printer immediately and have to fix the problem at the earliest. You can also use HP print and scan doctor to troubleshoot the problem.
How do I Bring My HP Envy Printer Back Online on Windows 10 or Mac?
Once you know the exact reason for the printer displaying offline issue, you need to apply some troubleshooting techniques to fix the problem. Here, in this article, we have mentioned some popularly-used reasons to troubleshoot HP printer says offline error message on Windows 10, 8, 7, and Mac. This problem is most commonly seen in Envy 5000, 4520, and Officejet 8710, 3830. So, apply the following methods to regain the printer’s online status.
Method 1: Check the Cable Connections
Mostly, the HP Envy 4520, 7640, 5660,4500 printers display offline status due to improper cable connection. In such a case, you need to ensure that your printer is properly connected to the system. If there is any connectivity issue between your printer and system, apply the below-given steps to fix offline status on Windows 10.
- Firstly, ensure that there is correct network connectivity between your system and the printer.
- Moreover, make sure that all the USB connections made properly.
- In case of a wireless connection, make sure the internet and router are properly working.
If the issue still persists, move to the next solution to fix HP wireless printer offline message on Windows 10.
Method 2: Use HP Print and Scan Doctor to Fix Printer Offline Issue
You can try a specific software, known as HP Print and Scan Doctor to fix printer always offline status to online on Windows 10 or Mac. For this:
- First of all, download and install the HP Print and Scan Doctor software on your system.
- Next, run HPPSdr.exe from where you have downloaded the file.
- When the software opens up, click Start, and then select the wireless printer in which you are facing issues.
- If your printer is unable to recognize the system, then turn it OFF and ON, then click on the Retry button.
- Follow all the on-screen instructions from HP Print and Scan Doctor Software if your printer is unable to find any system.
After following the instructions, try to print a test document to make sure if the issue has been solved. If not, continue to the next method to fix it.
Method 3: Manually Set Your Printer As Default on Windows 10
Are you facing problems while printing documents through HP Envy 4500, 5530, 5000 series printers? If yes, then you must know how to fix the HP Envy printer offline on iPhone or iPad, Windows and Mac systems. You can set your printer as the default one to troubleshoot the problem.
If there are multiple printers with the same name, then you have to choose the printer which has a status idle or online. Again, after setting your printer as the default one, try to print any document and check if the problem has been solved.
Here in this article, we have mentioned a few common methods that you can try on the spot to fix the HP Envy 4520, 7640, 5660,4500, 5530, 5000 series printer offline issue. If you are facing any other issue related to your printer, check out more troubleshooting articles of fixprinterisoffline.com. But, before applying any method, it is very important to know the exact cause of your problem.