Facing issues while printing your documents using HP printers? Though HP printers are known for their brilliance in technology and power, sometimes you may face issues and errors while using them. Users experience multiple issues while using their HP printers. Resetting your HP printer to its factory mode can help you to resolve all issues, including problems related to software, ink cartridges error and printing jobs. If you have to reset your HP printer, you need to follow some simple steps. Here, in this article, we have mentioned quick steps that will help your question about how to reset HP Printer.
What Issues Can You Solve by HP Printer Factory Reset?
Among various issues that you can solve by factory resetting your printer, a few are given below:
- Poor Print Quality
- Printer is Not Printing Correctly
- Printer has a paper jam
- Sometimes, print jobs get stuck in the queue
- Incorrect IP address or Network Settings
- Unable to Connect Your Printer Over Wi-Fi or Ethernet
- Printer is overheating or not turning on
Different Methods to Reset HP Printer to Factory Settings
There are various methods that you can try to reset an HP printer’s settings to their factory defaults. Let’s discuss them in detail.
Software Reset Method
Follow the below-given steps to perform a software reset your HP printer to factory settings:
- Firstly, open the printer software.
- Navigate to the General tab, and choose Reset Factory Settings.
- Now, from the Reset Firmware option, click Reset.
- A pop-up message asking whether you want to reset the printer will appear on the screen. Click Yes to confirm.
- After that, the printer will reset to its factory defaults.
Hardware HP Printer Reset Method
This method will help you to know how to reset the HP printer without screen. You can even use this method to reset an HP printer’s ink levels. All you have to do is:
- Open the top cover of your HP Printer.
- Locate the press the Secret reset button. Keep pressing the button for 5 seconds.
- A message will appear on the screen asking if you have to reset the printer. Click Yes to continue.
- The printer will then reset to its factory defaults.
Quick Steps to Factory Reset Your HP Printer
This method can reset your HP printer’s settings to their factory defaults or reset your HP printer’s firmware. To reset your HP printer using this method, you have to open the printer’s software and locate the factory reset button. Follow the below-mentioned steps to know how to perform a factory reset HP printer using software:
- Turn ON your printer and disconnect the power cord and also remove it from the wall outlet.
- Remove the USB cable, if attached.
- Now, wait for at least 2-3 minutes, and then press the Power button on your HP wireless printer. Keep pressing the button for about 30 seconds.
- Again, connect the power cable to the wall outlet and the power cord to the printer.
- Switch ON your printer and wait till its warm-up period finishes. Then immediately apply the steps to install your HP printer software.
How do I Reset HP Printer Password?
HP wireless printers are not immune to hacking despite claims that have been made to avoid such circumstances. You can keep changing the password of your HP printer to prevent it from any kind of hacking. For this:
- Firstly, access the Home menu on your printer and click the Right Arrow.
- Choose the Setup menu and then select Network.
- Scroll down and locate the “Restore Network Defaults” option. Click it and then press Yes.
- Wait until the default settings are restored.
- Now, go to Control Panel. For this, press Win+R, type Control Panel in the box, and click the OK button.
- Access Devices and Printers and right-click on your wireless HP printer icon.
- Click Properties and then tap the Password icon.
- Enter a new password.
- At last, click the “Save” button to save the changes.
You can apply these steps to reset HP printers. Resetting the printer can help you to troubleshoot any issues with it. If you experience any problem while applying these steps, you can contact the technical support team of HP printers. The professional experts are available 24*7 to fix several issues with your printer.