Are you experiencing problems with your Dell printer indicating offline status while printing your documents? Offline troubleshooting of Dell printer is quite simple, all you need to do is apply some troubleshooting methods. And since the error has been creating a lot of problems for you, it is very important to find the exact cause of your problem. Here, in this article, we have mentioned in detail troubleshooting solutions to give you the best Dell printer offline support.
What Causes the Dell Printer Offline Issue?
There are many reasons for the ‘Dell printer offline’ error message such as the outdated computer software, connection issue between the printer and your PC (including cables or Wi-Fi hardware), or the printer may have outdated firmware. Some of the main causes because of which this offline error occurs in Dell printers are given below:
- Missing network information or an incorrect IP address in the printer settings may bring your printer in offline state.
- There might be some communication error because of the firewall or antivirus application installed on your system.
- The dell printer might show offline status as sometimes the computer automatically turns off the wireless adapter to save the power.
How to Fix Dell Printer Offline Issues?
Once you come to know the exact cause of your printer in an offline state, it’s time to apply various troubleshooting methods to fix the problem. Given below are some troubleshooting methods that will help you to know how to get Dell printer back online? You can apply any of these methods to bring your printer to the online state:
Method 1: Restart Print Spooler
When you receive the “Dell printer is offline” error message, you can restart its print spooler service to fix the problem. For this:
- Press the “Windows” and “R” keys to open the “Run” dialog box.
- Now, type “services.msc” in the “Run” prompt and press the “Enter” key.
- A window with many services will appear on the screen. Locate and right-click on the “Print spooler” services. Then, and select “Properties” from the context menu.
- Then, navigate to the “General” tab. Find and click on the “Stop” option under the “Service status”, and then press “Ok” button.
- The service will then get temporarily disabled. Now, you need to remove the printer files. For this, open the “Windows Explorer” and go to the following path “C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS”.
- Click on the “Continue” button from the prompted window and then select and remove all the files and at last close the window.
- Now, again open the “General” tab and tap the “Start” button. Change the “Startup type” to “Automatic” and click the “Ok” button.
Once you are done with the above steps, you need to reboot your system and check if the Dell printer offline message has been cleared by now.
Method 2: Disable Use Printer Offline Option
When your Dell printer appears offline, you can turn off the “Use Printer Offline” option to bring it back to the online printing status. All you have to do is:
- Press the “Start” button and then type cp in the search box and click on “Control Panel” from the list.
- Find and click on “Hardware and Sound” followed by the click on “Devices and Printers” option.
- Now, right-click on your Dell printer and tap the option indicating, “See what’s printing”.
- After this, click on the “Printer” option. You will find the option of “Use printer offline” in the drop-down menu. You need to uncheck that option.
- Then click on the “Cancel all documents” option.
Now reconnect your Dell printer and print a sample test to ensure that the Dell printer offline error has been resolved.
Here, we have mentioned some popular causes of this problem. There are some other methods, as well, like updating the printer driver, reinstalling the printer software, resetting the Offline Printer, etc to fix your problem. You can refer to more articles available on printerisofflinefix.com to troubleshoot all other problems related to your device.