HP printer separation pad issue is one of the most common error messages that generally occur when you feed multiple pages at once. Another reason for such an error message is the worn-out printer separation pad. This error message makes you unable to print any documents or perform any activity using your printer. So, it is very important to fix such issues so that you can use your printer effectively. Here in this article, we have mentioned all the steps that you can try to fix HP printer replacement separation pad. Just check them and apply one by one.
Quick Methods to fix HP Printer Separation Pad Error
Apply the following methods one by one to fix issues like HP printer offline error that generally occur due to separation pad:
Method 01: Replace your printer’s separation pad:
- Firstly, unplug the power cord from your printer and keep it idle for some time so it may cool down your printer.
- Then, remove all the input trays and check for the blue separation pad and then remove it from the spring-loaded base. For this, insert a flat-edged screwdriver in the slot right under the separation pad.
- Go to the opening and push the spring-loaded base down with single hand. Simultaneously, pull up the separation pads using another hand.
- Now, place a new separation pad in the slot and check for the input tray opening. Push the spring-loaded base down and remove both sides of the separation pad again its original place.
- At last, reinsert your pickup roller, print cartridge along with the input trays. Also, plugin the power cord to the printer to turn it on again.
Method 02: Replace the pickup roller:
- To fix issues related to HP Printer separation pad, remove your power cord from the printer and allow it to cool down.
- Open the top cover of your print cartridge and remove the print cartridge. Also, search for the pickup roller.
- Now, release both small as well as white tabs which are on each side of the pickup roller. Carefully push them away from the roller and then rotate it again towards the front.
- Pull up the roller upside from the device and insert the new pickup roller into the slot of the previous one.
- Rotate it into the position till the accurate white tabs appear on each side of the roller snap.
- At last, reinsert the print cartridges and close their door.
Method 03: Clean out your printer pickup roller from inside out:
Follow the below-mentioned steps to clean out the printer pickup roller:
- First of all, put a soft cotton cloth in water to scrub the roller smoothly.
- Then, thoroughly wipe out the pick-up roller to remove all the dust particles on it.
- At last, wait till the pickup roller dries out completely and then install it within the printer.
Hopefully, the above mentioned steps help you to fix the HP Printer separation pad issue on your own. If you still need any help or support, you can get in touch with the technical support team. HP Support executives are well-trained experts that can help you to deal with any kind of issue.