Almost all the printer models can be connected and fully set up with Mac. The most important point is that you don’t have to download any particular drivers for each separate printer. You can simply use Wi-Fi and Ethernet connection to print your documents. When you add printer on Mac that doesn’t support AirPrint, then all the mandatory documents can be automatically installed on the Mac. Check out the detailed procedure to set up a wireless printer on Mac from this article.
How do I Add a Wireless Printer to a Mac?
Facing issues in connecting a wireless printer to your Mac? Don’t panic. All you have to do is follow certain steps to connect your printer with Mac. But before that ensure that your system and printer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Then, follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, select the printer that you want to connect with your Mac.
- Then, open the Self-Service app and click on the “Printers” menu. If the printer that you want to connect is available, click the Install button. Otherwise, go to the next step to install manually.
- Click on the Apple menu located at the upper left-hand corner of your screen and then click on the System Preferences option followed by the click on Printers & Scanners.
- Click on the + sign from the lower-left corner of your screen to add a printer.
- Click on the IP option. In the Address field, enter the full name of your printer.
- Follow all the on-screen instruction and fill all the details appeared on your screen.
- If you experience any other issue like “Unable to verify the printer on your network”, click the Cancel button and again start from the previous step.
- Generally, an Options box will pop up. If an icon similar to your printer appears on your screen, it means you are on the right track.
All the above-mentioned steps will help you to connect your wireless printer to a Mac. If you are facing any problems, then go through some technical guides to fix printer offline issues. You can also use the setup assistant to connect the printer to a Wi-Fi network.
How to Add a Bluetooth Printer with Mac?
You can easily connect a printer to a Mac with Bluetooth. All you have to do is:
- Before moving further, ensure that your printer has a Bluetooth connection.
- Then, turn on Bluetooth on your Mac. You can find the Bluetooth button located at the top of your computer screen.
- Connect your printer to the power socket and turn it on.
- Go to the Apple Menu > System Preferences > Printers and Scanners.
- Tap the plus icon underneath the list of devices located on the left side.
- In the Default tab, choose your printer from the list of devices.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why can’t I add a printer to my Mac?
There can be several problems that you may experience while connecting your printer with Mac. It may be due to any network-related issue or if your printer doesn’t appear in the list of available printers. If the printer that you want to connect is shared by another user, you may receive an offline Mac issue.
How do I get my Mac to recognize my printer?
First of all, restart your Wi-Fi router as well as your printer and install new firmware. If that doesn’t work, reset your printer: go to Apple menu > System Preferences > Printers and Scanners and right-click on any printer’s name. Click on the Reset printing system option and connect it with your system.
How to connect MacBook to the printer wirelessly?
To connect your printer wirelessly, click on the Apple menu sign located at the top-left corner of the screen. Click on the System Preferences option. Then, click on Printers and Scanners. All the connected devices will appear in the sidebar located at the left.
All the steps will guide you to connect your printer with Mac. If you experience any issue, then you can get in touch with proper printer assistants to troubleshoot your issue. You can also try several other methods, like using the IP address or USB cable, etc. to connect your printer with Mac.