Epson printers are mainly known for their versatile printing services. But sometimes, you may face issues while printing your documents using your Epson printer. Among several such issues, Epson printer offline is quite common and mainly occurs due to connectivity issues.
Usually, such an error occurs due to a damaged physical connection of your Epson printer with your computer. Every time when you encounter Epson Printer offline issue on Windows or Mac devices, apply proper troubleshooting methods to bring it again to a working state. Here, in this article, we have mentioned common causes and proper methods to fix your Epson printer when it went offline.
Why My Epson Printer is Offline?
There are various reasons why your Epson printer goes to an Offline state on Windows 10, 8, 8.1 & 7, and Mac. Some of the common reasons are:
- There may be an improper connection between your printing device and your system. This mainly occurs due to software or hardware-related issues.
- You might not have chosen the Epson printer as the default printing device.
- The printer drivers installed in your system may be outdated.
- The settings of your Epson printer may not be correct or properly configured.
- Stopped or slow ‘Spooler’ service may bring your printer to an Offline state.
- The “Use Printer Offline” option may be enabled in your system.
These are some reasons why your Epson printer says offline. If there is any other reason for your issue, identify them and then apply relevant troubleshooting methods.
Quick Methods to Fix Epson Printer Offline Windows 10/8/7 Issue
To fix the Epson printer keeps going offline issue, you can try some manual methods like disabling your printing device and reinstalling it. If the offline status still persists, you should clear the print queue. If the same problem still appears, you can try some other fixes updating the printer drivers, repairing print services, etc. Let’s discuss these methods one by one!
Method 01: Reconnect Your Printer With the Computer
Before applying any advanced printer troubleshooting method, make sure your printer is properly connected to the computer. Sometimes, the loose wires and connections are the real culprits and cause the Epson printer offline issue. You can follow the below-mentioned steps to secure the connections.
- Firstly, check all the connectors and smoothly place them at their respective places.
- If the offline error is still there, remove the wires and reconnect them. When you hear the “nick” sound, that means the cable is properly connected.
- If the cable is damaged, immediately replace them with a new one.
If the above Epson printer offline fixes fail to bring your printer back to the online state, move to the next method.
Method 02: Manually Set Your Epson Printer to Online Mode
If the offline issue occurs after reconnecting Epson printer to computer, it’s time to configure its offline settings. You can follow the below-given steps to set your Epson printer back to online status:
For Windows 7:
- Click the Windows icon on your computer and select the Control Panel option.
- Now, click on the Devices and Printers menu.
- Select your printer with which you are having issues and choose the ‘See what is printing’ option.
- Make sure there is no checkmark on anything, choose the “Printer” option before using your printer offline.
- Now, click the “Printer’ button and tick-mark the “Set As Default Printer” option.
Once you are done with the above steps, close the window and see if the Epson printer offline issue is resolved.
For Windows 8 and Above:
If your device has Windows version 8 or the latest, click the Start icon and go to the settings menu.
- Now, click the Devices option and choose the “Printers and Scanners” menu.
- From the new Window that appears, locate and right-click on your Epson printer’s icon.
- Now from the drop-down list that appears, click the “See what’s printing” option.
- Next, you have to navigate to the printer tab from the new Window that appears.
As you select the “Use Printer Online” option from the list, the Epson printer offline error will resolve.
Quick Steps to Fix Epson Printer Offline Mac issue:
To fix the Epson printer offline but connected to wifi Mac issue, you need to apply the following troubleshooting steps:
- Open the main menu of your Mac computer. Locate and click the ”System preferences” button.
- From the next screen that appears, choose the ”Printers & Scanners” option.
- Now, select and right-click on the “Reset Printing System” option adjacent to your Epson printer name.
- After that, you need to enter the username and security key of your Mac computer in the box that appears on the screen.
- Now, click the OK button.
- After that, you will see a printer list on the screen. This list consists of all the available printers.
- Click the ”plus” button located below the “Add a printer or scanner” option.
Once you are done with the above steps, your Epson printer will get online. You can print a sample document to ensure that everything is working fine.
The Bottom Line:
The above methods will definitely help you to fix the Epson printer offline issue on Windows and Mac systems. Along with the troubleshooting steps, we have also provided you with the cause of this issue. Just apply these steps to bring your Epson printer back to the online state.