Brother printers are one of the most popular printer brands that are widely used by people across the globe. There are several features that are making people love it. It is mainly known for its user-friendly interface that nobody can ever ignore and this makes it best for business professionals and home-users to consider it.
But sometimes, you may experience some problems while using Brother printers. There are some common problems that you may encounter while printing your documents. One of the most common problems is when the Brother printer goes into sleep mode. It is very important to know how to turn off deep sleep mode on the Brother printer so that you can print your documents effectively. Check out the whole article to know how to fix Brother Printer offline issues.
How Do I Wake up Brother Printer From Deep Sleep?
When you are getting the “Sleep” message on your computer screen, it means that your Brother printer stuck in sleep mode. In such a case, you need to follow the steps given below to wake up your Brother Printer from deep sleep mode.
- First of all, you need to go to the main menu and go to the “General Setup” option.
- Now, go to the “Ecology” section and click on the “Sleep Time” option.
- Then, you need to enter the time for which the machine is remains idle to go in the deep sleep in the provided space. (Note: Here, you can choose any number from 0 to 99).
- To disable the sleep mode of your brother’s machine, press the “Start” and “Options” keys simultaneously.
- When you receive the following message “Sleep Mode: On”, press “Up” or “Down” arrow keys to turn it off.
- At last, press the “OK” button followed by Stop/Exit and wait for a while till the process is successfully completed.
- Once you are done with these steps, restart your Brother machine to save the changes.
What to do When Brother Printer Won’t Turn On?
Sometimes, your printer does not work properly even after fixing the Brother printer deep sleep issue. You can face various technical issues like Brother Printer won’t turn on, which makes you unable to print your documents. In such a case, you can follow the below stated steps to fix the Printer is offline problem:
- Remove the power cord connecting your system and printer and then reconnect it after some time.
- It must be noted that you can disconnect and reconnect the power cord of your Brother printer at least once. Make sure your Brother printer is properly connected to the system.
- Also, ensure that the printer drivers are properly installed in the printer.
- Make sure your printer is set as the default printer. This will help you to know why your Brother printer won’t turn on and then fix any other problem with Brother printers.
- In case, if you have given a command for multiple printing, then cancel all the currently running print commands, and print only one file with a new command.
- Make sure that your printer driver is up-to-date. If your system has an outdated printer driver, you cannot print even if your system is properly connected to the internet.
If you are still facing any problem with your Brother Printer, like it may not print anything, check if the printer driver is properly updated or if there is any jammed paper(s) stuck inside the printer. These steps will definitely help you to resolve most of the issues related to the Brother Printer. For instances when Brother Printer won’t print color, check if your printer cartridge has appropriate ink levels.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is my printer in deep sleep?
Generally, a printer goes in deep sleep mode when it does not work for a particular duration. In such a case, you can manually make changes in the ‘sleep mode’ settings for which a computer should remain idle before going to sleep mode. By default, it is set for 5 minutes. This will also help in reducing power consumption.
How do I get my Brother printer out of sleep mode?
To bring your printer out of sleep mode, you need to click on the ‘Start’ button followed by ‘Options’. Then, you will receive the “Sleep Mode: On” message on your screen. Further, you need to choose ‘Off’ while using the UP or DOWN key. To save the changes, click on the ‘OK’ button followed by the ‘STOP or EXIT’ option.
How do I fix my brother printer stuck in sleep mode?
When your Brother Printer gets stuck in sleep mode, adjust its settings by choosing the time after which it should enter in sleep mode if it remains idle. If the problem still persists, you may reset the Windows OS of your device. But be cautious as it might erase all the data so you need to be careful.
List of Brother Printer Series and Models, We help-
|Brother mfc-l2700dw||Brother hl2360 laser||Brother hl-l2340dw||Brother hl-3170cdw|
|Brother dcp-l2540dw||Brother intellifax 4100e||Brother HL-2170W||Brother hl-l2390dw|
|Brother dcp-l2550dw||Brother mfc-l3770cdw||Brother mfc-l3770cdw||Brother hl-l5200dw|