Despite being one of the most popular printer brands available in the market, you may experience some issues while using Brother printers. The Brother printer sometimes displays some error message and makes you unable to print your documents. Whenever you encounter such issue with your printer, you must know the exact reason why your Brother printer is in error state and how you can resolve the issue.
Here, in this article, we have mentioned common reasons and proper troubleshooting guides to fix Brother printer offline issue. Go through the following sections to know more about the problem and its troubleshooting guide.
Why Brother Printer in Error State Happened?
There might be some sort of loose wiring or no internet connection that makes your Brother printer unable to work properly. Given below are some other reasons that can cause the error state problem in your Brother printer:
- There might be some Paper jam in the printer tray.
- Loose or improper printer connection can make you unable to use printer.
- Outdated printer drivers are also main reason for the issue.
- Sometimes the Brother printer automatically goes in offline state or gets paused.
- Pending print jobs in Print Spooler.
- Your printer’s cartridge may not have enough ink.
How Do I Fix Brother Printer in Error State Problem?
Once you know the exact reason behind your problem, it’s time to apply some technical method to get your issue resolved. There are several methods that you can try to bring your Brother printer back in online state. Some of these are mentioned below:
Method 1: Perform Simple Troubleshooting Steps on Your System
There are some simple and easy methods that you can try to fix your problem. All you need to do is:
- Make sure that the cables connecting your printer are tight, secured, and not frayed. Worn-up wires are the main cause of error state problems in your system.
- Sometimes, restarting your printer and computer can also help you to fix your problem. Simply shut down your devices and start them after 5 minutes. This will help you to deal with the issue.
- Low ink levels are also major cause of the problem. For this, immediately check the ink levels and replace them if needed. Always try to use a genuine Brother ink cartridge for your printer.
- Make sure that there is no paper jam issue. If found, remove even a tiny piece of paper available in paper tray. Cleaning the feeder tray will help you to continue printer services.
The above steps will definitely help you to resolve the problem. If the problem still persists, then you need to apply following technical methods to fix the Brother printer offline problem.
Method 2: Clear the Pending Print Jobs
Clearing the pending print jobs from print spooler can also help you to resolve any issues. For this:
- Press Windows + R keys simultaneously to open Run prompt.
- Now type: C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Printers in the search box and press Enter.
- Now right-click over the Printers folder and select Delete option from the keyboard.
- Once the file is successfully deleted, restart the Print Spooler service.
- Open the Runbox, type Services.msc, and press Enter key. Locate and right-click over the Print Spooler option and click Restart.
At last, reboot your system to check whether the Brother printer error state Windows 10 problem is resolved. If the problem remains unresolved, move to the next method to fix it.
Method 3: Update Brother printer drivers
Updating the Brother printer drivers can also fix many bugs and printer-related issues that were causing printing-time errors on the Brother printer. You can update the drivers manually by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Open any Browser in your system and navigate to Brother’s support and download page.
- Search the printer model you are using from the product category section.
- Choose the Windows Operating System, i.e., the OS installed, and click Ok.
- Then, click on the Full driver and software package.
- Now, choose your Brother Printer and click the “Add a device” button.
- Now follow on-screen instructions to add your printer.
- If your printer is not listed on the screen, then you should click the option “the printer that I want is not listed”.
- Select the “Add a Bluetooth, wireless, or network discoverable printer” option.
- Then click the Next button and follow the instructions appearing on the screen.
Once you are done with the above steps, restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.
Well, the above-mentioned solutions help you to resolve the Brother printer in error state problem. These methods will help you to bring your Brother printer again in working state. However, if you are still facing any issues, then get in touch with the printer experts at Brother printer customer service. They will help you to resolve your problem quite easily.